> There are two ways to run current akka in docker containers. If you run
all containers on the same host, then akka containers can talk with each
other using container local addresses. Another way is to start containers
with --net=host flag, which breaks network containerization but allows
containers to talk to each other using the host address.

There is a more complicated multi-host solution that doesn't require
--net=host.  If you run something like SkyDNS on each host, you can use the
--dns and --link flags to have your Akka container use SkyDNS as its DNS
server.  Then, you have Akka bind to whatever logical hostname you want,
which will be the same as the hostname of the container Akka is running in.
 Finally, have SkyDNS resolve that hostname to the IP of the host
containers are running on.

Akka links to a SkyDNS container, SkyDNS maps hostnames of Akka containers
to host IPs => Akka can address other Akka nodes by hostname across
multiple hosts.

This is what we're doing in production.  I'm working on a writeup which I
will hopefully have up in a few weeks (I know I've said that before ;))