Hi I am new to using akka and I am running into the following issue

I have an actor written in a funcrtional style that roughly looks like this
:

class MyActor extends Actor  {

  def awaitCompletion(writer: writer) = {
    case Add(message) => {
      writer.write(message)
      context.become(awaitCompletion(writer))
    }
    case Done => {
      writer.close()
      context.become(awaitStart())
  }

  def awaitStart(): Receive = {
    case Start => {
      context.become(awaitCompletion(someWriter))
    }
  }

  def receive: Receive = awaitStart()

}

It uses a writer that needs to be closed when the Done message is received.
Which will work fine under normal conditions, but I also want to make sure
the resource gets closed if the actor dies of abormal causes
Since the state of the actor is part of the function and not an instance
variable  I cannot do anything from my postStop. So how would I close this
resource in that case ?