It would be really nice to get an idea of the timeline.

"When it’s done” ;-) I’m sorry, but we’re not able to commit to these features
nor dates for them as of now. It’s something we look into and is very tempting
to implement.
For now though we’re all focused on getting streams out the door (1.0) and
stabilising persistence 2.4 in the beginning of 2015, can’t guarantee anything
beyond that.

        Also ideas about how it can be integrated into a current system would
be really helpful.

It would be a replacement of the transport layer of akka for starters. Or
simply use some of their tricks in our code (NIO hacks).
It does a bunch of more things (it’s log) which we could use for things, but no
plans yet.
The future will be very interesting :-)

--
Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski