Hi HAkkers,

I am currently trying to migrate a Spray application using the
One-Actor-Per-Request pattern to Akka-Http.

Following this pattern I used to delegate the completion of the current
RequestContext to an additional actor like this

path("posts" / JavaUUID) { postId ⇒ get { ctx ⇒
context.actorOf(GetPost.props(postId, ctx)) } }

This was possible as a Spray Route was a fonction HttpRequest ⇒ Unit but in
Akka-Http, the Route definition has been changed to HttpRequest ⇒ Future[
HttpResponse].
Therefore the previous snippet does not compile anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that getting rid of the Unit is a good thing
but I currently can not see how to port this pattern to Akka-Http.

Any ideas how to get around this and complete requests without Ask?

Thank you!

Arnaud

ref
: http://techblog.net-a-porter.com/2013/12/ask-tell-and-per-request-actors/