Thanks Martynas,

It's a shame that this would be needed. It feels very much like the
heartbeats should be considered part of the system layer when it comes to
logging, and therefore already filtered. Seeing heartbeats when debugging
makes it incredibly difficult to see anything.

My concern with a custom logger like this is that it will quickly get out
of sync with the stock one and I might be missing out on various
performance/bug fixes as akka is released. That said, the ability to see
genuine messages in the logs when debugging is invaluable, so it might be
worth it.