Generally there are 2 ways to design for this problem:

Once you have an actor reference, you can send things to it. So you can
simply do this:
targetActorRef ! myThing

When the actor is done with the processing, it will call:
myThing.myMethod

This design is OK when the target actor is very reliable and it lies in the
same node with myThing.

Another way, is to use an actor to wrap around myThing. This wrapper actor
will communicate with targetActorRef. It may watch targetActorRef to handle
the case when targetActorRef dies, targetActorRef doesn't respond after
some timeout etc.