> 8 feb 2015 kl. 22:59 skrev Viktor Klang <viktor.kl...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Jeffrey,
>
> Akka is built in Scala but offers Java APIs, so the "Scala downloads" should
> be just fine.

Small emphasis correction: a JAR file is a JAR file (independent of programming
language), and in the case of Akka each JAR contains the Java as well as the
Scala API—in most cases they are identical. So “should be fine” is actually
“there is only one download for both” ;-)

Looking at the webpage I see now where the confusion comes from: the downloads
are not “for Scala” but they are built with certain versions of Scala (which
has an influence if you intend to mix Akka with other libraries that were also
built with Scala). We should fix that wording to make this clear.

Regards,

Roland

> However, if you are getting started I'd recommend the Activator download as
> you can get started with the Akka Java tutorials.
>
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Jeffrey Kelly <derthn...@gmail.com
> <mailto:derthn...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> I feel pretty stupid for asking this, but if I wanted to experiment with Akka
> for Java, where would I find it? For all the Java/Scala parallel
> documentation, the downloads section of the site only appears to provide
> Scala options (along with an entire ecosystem that I'm not interested in). I
> was kind of just hoping for a jar or 10. Am I missing something? Is Java Akka
> still a thing?
>
> jef
>
> --
> email to akka-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com