Hello everyone,

I've just started to work with akka-persistence and would like to use it in
the following case. As I try to hack it a little bit, I would really like
to have your opinion on that.

I would receive messages into an Actor and process them only if some
WebServices are available. Instead of just writting to some DB, I would use
a PersistentActor and store each event. When the WS is available, I restart
the actor and in the recoverReceive, I send events to the rest of the Flow.
In case the PersistentActor is restarted because of some failure, the rest
of the Flow would just avoid dealing with those messages (FSM). Then, using
a Snapshot, I would define which event have been processed correctly. In
this implementation, the "state" of the PersistentActor would be the number
of message it did store since the latest snapshot. (This would not be used
into a Cluster, thus, I would expect only a really little number of
unexpected recover)

My idea was that using the Persistence as a buffer with some guarantee was
quite nice design but this may also be a misuse of akka-persistence. I
really like the way we may plug persistence journal into akka-persistence.

Well, thanks for any suggestion.

Have a nice Akking Day!

Christophe