> 9 feb 2015 kl. 21:57 skrev Ivan Topolnjak <ivant...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello there!
>
> It's really exciting to see where the Akka Streams & HTTP projects are
> heading, congrats to the team and to all contributors for such a great gift
> to the community. Now, I know you get asked for WebSockets support a lot, but
> this announcement made me wonder: Is the first release of akka-http going to
> include WebSockets support?.... I always thought that there was going to be a
> first release that was feature wise equal to Spray and then afterwards
> another release with WebSockets support, but the fact that it is the next
> task on the HTTP front seems quite interesting! Hope you have good news on
> this matter :D.

As always, plans are intentions, not facts ;-) We are nearing feature parity
with Spray, but we won’t make sure to hit that line exactly—we have already
improved upon Spray in some areas—we’ll release what we have when we have it.
Concerning WebSockets it turns out that their implementation may or may not
require the introduction of a new DSL element for Streams, so figure that out
is the next thing that needs doing before we can finalize the Streams DSL.

Regards,

Roland