Hi Björn,

I am not sure if i understand you.

The piece of software i am created listens to messages posted to topics,
when a message arrives we perform some operation (call an external system).
The flow of messages will never stop. New ones will keep coming in. But we
still want to bring down a node.

When we do we want to first stop the producer from reading messages of a
topic and then wait until there are no messages left in flight so we can
safely shutdown