Hi Tim,

I guess you are talking about implementing your own SnapshotStore.

1) If you are trying to implement your own, then you can do whatever you like
below the surface of the SnapshotStore API, but you can't (yet) have multiple
snapshot stores (https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/15587) which I guess you
know, since you opened that ticket.
2) I'm not sure that I follow what you're asking here. How does that relate to
the SnapshotStore? The loadAsync method will get called when a persisted actor
that has support for snapshots is recovered. Whatever your SnapshotStore
decides to do send back is up to you. If there is no snapshot saved, you can
fabricate one if that suits your use case.
3) Inside a SnapshotStore, you're in full control of how you serialize and save
your data. No magic is done for you.

B/