I have a requirement to use 100-Continue [on the server side] in an
akka-http application I'm developing.  As with most things akka-http, the
documentation is lacking in this area, but I'd hoped to be able to reverse
engineer what I needed from the commits referenced in the GitHub issue that
implemented the work.

https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/15799

Unfortunately, despite having poured over this for some time, I'm still at
a bit of a loss.  I was hoping the unit tests might shed some light, but
they're operating at a very low level, and use what appear to be some magic
constants to trigger certain behavior.

A few questions, if someone in-the-know has time to enlighten me?

- I'd expected to find a routing directive that I could use; but I don't
see any defined.  Is this a reasonable expectation?
-
https://github.com/spray/akka/commit/dec95e5b1a1d1761a1d8fe65d8eec4dfacffa857#diff-a7b71e1d7cdab9f7bcd7c6ba9f2ae84dR503

- Why does request(1) trigger the 100-Continue response?
- Is there any documentation or examples that might be more helpful than
what I've already found?

Thanks in advance,

--James