Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the netty settings make no difference. I have set them to the
same parameters as the initial akka cluster address but still see the
issue. In fact the netty host address/port/sibling addresses are set
dynamically when akka is started first (as described in the referenced
article). All of that seems to work but for some reason akka keeps trying
to connect to the loopback address.

Has anyone else seen this happening?

Cheers,
Stefan