I am trying to write unit for my PersistentActor but for some reason I am
not getting the message
object ShoppingCart{
def props(id:String) = Props(new ShoppingCart(id))
}
class ShoppingCart(id:String) extends PersistentActor with ActorLogging {
 override def receiveCommand: Receive = initial
def initial :Receive = {
 case Initialized(item) =>  sender ! ShoppingCart(List(item))
 case msg => println(s"initial got this $msg")
 }
}

this is my unit test

class ShoppingCartTest extends TestKit(ActorSystem("testCart"))
with WordSpecLike
with MustMatchers
with ImplicitSender
with StopSystemAfterAll {
 import CustomerAggregate._
 implicit val actorSystem = ActorSystem("ShoppingCartTestSpec-system")
 implicit val timeout = Timeout(2 seconds)
 implicit val executionContext = actorSystem.dispatcher
 override def afterAll = { actorSystem.shutdown }
 "ShoppingCartTest" should {
      "Initialize cart with first item" in {
              val cart = TestActorRef(ShoppingCart.props("tester"),
"ShoppingCart-test-actor")
              val items:List[Item] = List(Item("1"),Item("2"),Item("3"))
              cart ! Initialized(items.head)
              expectMsgPF(){
                 case ShoppingCart(t) if t.equals(items.take(1)) => true
                 case _ => false
               }
it seems that the message is not even reach the actor as you can see from
this log
ShoppingCartTestSpec-system-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-4]
[akka://ShoppingCartTestSpec-system/user/ShoppingCartTest-test-actor]
Message [domain.ShoppingCart$Initialized] from
Actor[akka://testCart/system/testActor1#-1389989008] to
TestActor[akka://ShoppingCartTestSpec-system/user/ShoppingCart-test-actor]
was not delivered. [1] dead letters encountered.

So what am I doing wrong ?
Thanks
Avi