I am new to Akka and using it to develop a Java based app.

I would appreciate feedback on best practices.

1. requests handled by a front end actor (created for every request using
actorOf())
      -> When I stop the actor that created other actors. All the other
actors created by this actor are stopped I presume
      -> What are the best practices for naming ? It would be ideal if I
can give a name and Akka appends a $1, $2 to the name for every actor
created.

2. Monitoring Akka actors and mailboxes
      -> What are the available tools ?

3. Storing app related data.
     -> application.conf has akka specific stuff. What are best practices
for storing application related data in akka apps.

Thanks,

TS.