Hi, I am trying to test actor code that uses actorSelection:

val path = RootActorPath(member.address, name = "/user/clusterKeeper")
context.actorSelection(path).resolveOne(5 seconds).foreach {
    clusterKeeper =>
      clusterKeeper ! msg
}

member.address comes from akka clusters and has the address of the remote
actor.

Now I need to mock/probe the clusterKeeper actor but TestProbe() doesn't
have a way of defining the name of the actor or it's path. In fact it goes
down to TestKitBase where it is hardcoded:

val testActor: ActorRef = {
  val impl = system.asInstanceOf[ExtendedActorSystem]
  val ref = impl.systemActorOf(TestActor.props(queue)
    .withDispatcher(CallingThreadDispatcher.Id),

*"testActor" + TestKit.testActorId.incrementAndGet) * awaitCond(ref match {
    case r: RepointableRef ⇒ r.isStarted
    case _                 ⇒ true
  }, 1 second, 10 millis)
  ref
}

Is there a way with the testkit to test this? Ofcourse I could create an
actor myself but then I would have to reimpl all expectMsg or maybe have it
forward the messages to testkit.

Similar post :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/akka-user/testprobe$20actorSelection/akka-user/ETL4XQr1Sj4/N9lo_6gc8voJ