Hi Harit,
A few things to explain here.

1) Ok, so that process must be kept alive and restarted, got it.
Then you can run that Actor on a dedicated PinnedDIspatcher (check the docs
on how to pick a dispatcher for an Actor).

2) the onFailure { throw } won't work as you expect it to, since it's not
called within the actors thread, but asynchronously. Thus it will not
trigger the supervision - since now I know you want to keep that process
alive and restart, see 1) and
make the Actor own one thread and then if it fails it will properly throw
an exception in the Actor, and cause supervision to kick in.

Hope this helps.
I'd again recommend having a look at our proof-of-concent support offer, we
could get really in depth and help you out much more then.

Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io/> @ Typesafe <http://typesafe.com/>