No, I have a single cluster, each micro-service is an Akka system that is
subscribed to cluster events and once a system is up, it sends a message to
every other node saying, hey, I'm here, lets exchange information, call it,
synchronizing their cache.

Risky?, Akka follow the let-it-crash philosophy which has been proven to be
very safe in Erlang in the Telecom industry and Akka cluster uses gossip
protocol so I'm relaying on an existing functionality to keep my systems
updated.

If you are not going to send messages (remotely) between systems then why
use Akka at all? It is like, oh, I like Akka but I don't want to use its
messaging system. That being the case then people should be afraid of CAP
theorems, CRDTs, eventual consistent data and just use the good old
messaging systems like RabbitMQ and relational DBs, etc, but then, they are
not that safe anyway.

I have my system running on a controlled environment and in production now
for almost a month and I haven't lost a message, the bugs I have fixed have
been related with my own code. Network failures are going to happen and in
that case any system can fail so risk is only a relative word.