Hi,

I'm also seeing this log message logged on a very unloaded cluster, on
akka 2.3.11.

On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 13:31 +0200, Patrik Nordwall wrote:
> I'm interested in where all those resolve calls come from, because it
> could be a performance issue. It could be deserialization of ActorRef.

It's possible, but it is hard to confirm, since the log line doesn't
give us a stacktrace to analyze.

It seems to me that it appeared when I started using ClusterSingleton
and ClusterSharding (but I can be wrong). Most of the references of this
log line I see in my logs are for singletons endpoint or sharding
entries.

It looks like it happens approximately at the same time a persistent
actor recovers (which would mean you found the real issue).

> Yesterday I removed storage of the sender ActorRef in persistent
> events, which typically would result in such things when persistent
> actors replay the event log.

Yes, that would make sense.

> Does /user/token-mgr-proxy/TokenManager send messages to a persistent
> actor, or do you know what is causing the failing resolve?

I'll let the OP answer this question.

--
Brice Figureau <brice...@daysofwonder.com>