I'm currently rewriting a library I have that previously used akka IO
pipelines. Reading through the examples of streaming IO with akka-stream
and akka-http, I've only seen examples with request -> response type
protocols.

Currently, I have a BidiFlow that serializes/deserializes between
ByteStrings and case classes, but I only know how to make this work in one
direction (client makes request, server replies to request). In this
protocol, the server can also initiate requests to the client.

How can I "inject" a message into the BidiFlow that isn't just a response
to a client request? I understand at a high level the solution is probably
to make a Graph with another Source pointing to my serializer, but I've had
a tough time wrapping my head around the graph DSL. If someone could point
me to an example of something similar, I'd very much appreciate it.