Hello,

I am currently in the process of evaluating Akka. I have successfully built
a proof of concept REST API using akka-http which is part of an Akka
cluster system that has a number of Actors in it.

Everything works well and I'm happy with what I am seeing until I try to
ramp up the load on the REST API server and then I get the server to a
point where the requests start failing with a "Future timed out" message.

My problem is that I am not sure where to find out *why* and *where* the
request are timing out.

As I understand Akka, the timeout is simply a scheduler in the Future
saying that I have exceeded the amount of time that I should wait for the
Actor to return something. As such I am not sure how I would be able to
find out at exactly what point the Actor I called was in processing my
request when the timeout occurred.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I should be tracking down this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff