what problem are you trying to solve with DistributedPubSub? if you are not tolerant to losing some messages, then DistributedPubSub might not be appropriate in your scenario.

i wouldn't depend on always being able to gracefully leave the cluster in production! node failures and network partitions are a fact of life.

-Michael