I'm testing the timing effects, each iteration of the loop does something,
asserts a message (wait with dilation), asserts no message.

It is not critically important that we wait for the dilation in the "no
message" assertion because what we're really asserting on here is that the
message queue hasn't been filled up by a rogue sender.