Using the proxy is the right approach. You don't know where the end
destination is located anyway so even if you send it directly to a shard
region on another node it will probably forward it to anyway.

/Patrik

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Yifei <sunyifei1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to start different ShardRegions on some different hosts, and
> make them communicate with each other.
>
> From the examples I learnt on the internet, I think we can achieve this by
> using ShardRegion proxy.
>
> For example, SR1 @ host1 wants to send a message to SR2@host2, the SR1
> actor should start a SR2 proxy , and use SR2_proxy to send the message.
>
> However, can we send the message directly without using the proxy?
>
> Thanks,,

Patrik Nordwall
Typesafe <http://typesafe.com/> -  Reactive apps on the JVM
Twitter: @patriknw