http://letitcrash.com/post/96078609472/ask-tell-and-per-request-actors

Maybe this will help answer your question.  Actors are cheap, but not free.
 There are cases where using an actor-per-request pattern has more benefits
than performance detractors.  Per method call?  I think that would depend
on how often that method is called?  Per-request may be a better
granularity.  If that request generates 100 method calls, then maybe you
would notice actor overhead.  That said, the ask pattern uses an optimized
actor per call as well, and is often used wherever a synchronous callback
is needed.

What would be the benefit of your "Micro Actor" over Akka's built in
support for 'ask'?  I have a feeling that ask will be even more micro, due
to internal optimizations not available to normal actors.