Hi Rob,

here's some recent testing code that creates and uses certificates that are
signed by a custom CA. It doesn't require fiddling with Java's `keytool`.
The instructions should work similarly for proper certificates in which
case you leave out the CA and "Create server certificate" steps and replace
the CA key and certificate with the ones you got from your CA.

https://github.com/akka/akka/pull/18200/files

Here's the usual disclaimer: never copy and paste security relevant code or
key material directly but try to understand what you are doing. The problem
with security related things is that each single step of the process that
is compromised may put the security of the whole process at a risk.

Johannes