Well, I was able to achieve needed behavior with following flow scheme:

Flow() { implicit builder ⇒
  val promises = builder add Source(() ⇒ Iterator continually Promise[O]())

  val fan = builder add Broadcast[Promise[O]](2)
  val zip = builder add Zip[I, Promise[O]]()

  val flow = builder add Flow[Promise[O]].mapAsync(1)(_.future)
  val sink = builder add Sink.actorSubscriber[I, Promise[O]](props)

  //+Flow: @formatter:off
  promises ~> fan ~> zip.in1
  flow     <~ fan
  sink            <~ zip.out
  //-Flow: @formatter:on

  zip.in0 → flow.outlet
}

Where `I` and `O` are input and output types, respectfully, and `props` is
`Props(..)` of enrichment Actor, who receives Tuple(i: I, p: Promise[O]),
enriches i to instance of `O` and fulfills promise.

But there is still some questions I would very much like to know answers to:

1. Is there a way to create lazy repeated Source of (: => Promise[O])?
Logs show that Source(() => Iterator continually Promise[O]()) eagerly
produces several promised values, and if actual inlet completes after very
first instance of `I` they are discarded.

2. Is there a simpler way to produce Flow[O] from Flow[Promise[O]] than via
`.mapAsync(1)(_.future)`?

3. Will Sink.actorSubscriber(..) shutdown underlying actor after stream is
completed or it needs to be done from actor itself after OnComplete event?
And what about errors?

четверг, 20 августа 2015 г., 18:33:43 UTC+3 пользователь Alexey Shuksto