I'm a bit new to Akka Streams and hoping somebody could take a quick look
at what I've done and tell me if there's a better way to do it.

I've been working on a project where I have XML documents that I want to
reformat as part of a project that uses Akka Streams & Akka HTTP. (These
documents are large enough that it's worthwhile to do it with streaming.)

The JVM ships with streaming XML formatting, but it's based on the
traditional InputStream / OutputStream concepts. I didn't find any really
elegant way to bridge this to Akka Streams other than using two
PipedInputStream/PipedOutputStream pairs along with a dedicated thread to
run the transformer.

I put my code in a Gist: XmlPrettyPrinter Flow
<https://gist.github.com/sarahgerweck/6493957338f0a364dc12>.

Is this the best I can do in terms of integrating an InputStream-to-
OutputStream flow into an Akka Streams flow? I think this approach is
sound, and its performance isn't too bad as long as I give it a reasonably
sized buffer, but having to make two PipedStream pairs and a dedicated
thread is a bit kludgy, so I figured it's worth asking if there's a cleaner
way to do what I'm doing here, short of writing a new formatter.

Thanks,
  *Sarah*