My main consideration here is that such a dispatcher would make it very
convenient to have multiple concurrent entry points into the Actor’s behavior,
where with the current recommendation there is only one—the active behavior.
While classical data races are excluded by the synchronization afforded by the
proposed ExecutionContext, it would still allow higher-level races by
suspending a logical thread and not controlling the intermediate execution of
other messages. In a nutshell, I don’t think this would make the Actor easier
to reason about, quite the opposite.

Regards,

Roland

Dr. Roland Kuhn