A dumb question. I was in such a situation recently and have been sleeping
threads in Java. I got so much used to it that now I had trouble telling
Actor what "heavy work" it should do to stay busy.

My solution was File.createTempFile("someRandom", "txt") couple of thousand
time (so Actor was busy doing something I did not care). The problem was it
was creating all these files.

What other ways people have kept their actors busy (pretending they are
doing a lot for work)? This is just for tests I am asking for.