Tim,

Sorry, I read *Akka Stream and HTTP Experimental Scala Documentation* in
bits and pieces and often misinterpret it.
Materializers provide a key/value mapping and Attributes and
ActorAttributes provide specific customizations of streams so this makes me
wonder if streams are intended to allow custom interactions with their
environment; they aren't intended to always be "pure". If side effects to
and from the environment are supported then is there a way to bind objects
that aren't inputs or outputs to stream components at materialization time?

Gary