But! It is important for me that the work of message 1 is done before
> message 2 is handled. And isn't one of the benefits for the actor model and
> akka itself, that I have the garantee to that message 1 is done before
> message 2?
>
> Yes.  And you might be in trouble there.  In which case, at least on a
per-actor basis, you wouldn't be able to use actor pooling or my Future
dispatching solution.  You have essentially 20k sequential processors.  If
having 20k concurrent actors doesn't provide enough concurrency to keep
your system busy, I'm not sure what else you can do.  Optimize the IO and
the sequential time best you can.