I'm considering using Slick and Akka Streams for an ETL project.

It's basically moving intervals1 to intervals2, but intervals have a
channel id and some of the channel info needs to be looked up and included
in intervals2.

I suppose I could do a map on Source(intervals1) and cache the looked up
channel info.

But I thought I could avoid the lookup and cache if I start with the stream
of channels and groupBy channel, then use mapAsync. Like the GroupLogFile
example in akka-stream-scala.

I also came across this example which uses a Merge, but it's just a 2-way
merge, whereas I have n channels.

https://github.com/typesafehub/slick-akka-webinar/blob/master/src/main/scala/EtlDemo.scala

Any recommendations or similar ETL examples would be welcome.

Thanks.