-> On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 17:40:24 +0100, Patrik Nordwall
<patrik.nordw...@gmail.com> said:

> Note that the leveldb journal can't really be used with Cluster Sharding,
> because it is a local only journal. Yes, you can play with it with one
> cluster node,
> otherwise you need to a distributed journal, such as
> akka-persistence-cassandra.

I've configured persistency using the cassandra-journal plugin.  Here is
the relevant snippet from the configuration:

   persistence {

     journal {
       max-message-batch-size = 200
       max-confirmation-batch-size = 10000
       max-deletion-batch-size = 10000
       plugin = "cassandra-journal"
     }
     snapshot-store {
       plugin = "cassandra-snapshot-store"
       }
   }

Full configuration is here: https://gist.github.com/4aa8f1e900dbbbdf3f44

> Have you tried the activator template, as a starting point?

Yes, I have and I've tried to model my application after the
akka-cluster-sharding-scala template.  They use Akka 2.4.0 and leveldb
for the journal though.  Do you think the persistence setting is the
problem?  I can try to change to their leveldb settings and see what
happens.