Hi there,
I'm very glad you found it useful!

yeah, it's something on our radar to improve – specifically 2.0.3 should
redirect people to 2.4.2+.
It's somewhat of a special case as URL needs more change than just changing the
version in it,
so we didn't yet squeeze in the time to fix that...

If you'd like to help out (help is very welcome!) here's the JS script:
https://github.com/akka/akka/blob/master/akka-docs/_sphinx/themes/akka/static/warnOldDocs.js
and the json file (we edit that on each release):
http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/versions.json

Thanks in advance if you decide to help out!

Konrad 'ktoso’ Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend