Hi Oleg,

You are right that "Subscriber" is very low level (and "Processor" is as
well) and hard to get right, it is meant for libraries to implement for
interop rather than end user implementations.

There isn't any component that supports dynamic subscription in
akka-streams, so that is why you didn't find anything in the docs. Most, if
not all, built in stages are for the case where you have a static stream
topology. We have talked a bit about providing something like what you
describe out of the box but nothing planned yet.

I'd say either a custom GraphStage or an Actor (or some combination of
both) is the way to go to implement your own dynamic hub where you can
register subscribers dynamically. It will probably be a bit complicated so
make sure you really understand how streams works and think about back
pressure vs subscribers before you dive into it.

--
Johan