Correct, HTTPS Proxies are not supported yet, see ticket:
https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/16153
Sadly we're not sure when we'll get the chance to work on this yet.

For the time being you may want to try Play's WS library, though I'm not sure
if they support this feature hm...
(They're backed by the Ning Async Http Client).

Konrad 'ktoso’ Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend