Sure Konrad, I didn't mean to be rude, sorry :)
I even got my first - ultra-simple - commit merged in akka (very happy :),
I'm TrustNoOne on github).

It's just that basically scala code in intellij and any other ide as well
has been red (for a reason or another) for years for me, it's something I
don't even think about or see as a problem anymore .
In fact the libraries that cause the errors are the very ones I love, e.g.
akka-http/spray, shapeless etc. (I know akka doesn't use shapeless anymore,
the errors I was talking about are unrelated, I use both akka-http and
shapeless in my code, separately).

This is a simple reproducer that's red for me:

parameters('a.as[Int], 'x.as[Int])

The error is: too many arguments for method parameters
(ParameterDirectives.ParamMagnet)

there already are a lot of issues related to red code in akka in the scala
plugin's issue tracker (e.g.
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-9930), I thought I didn't need to
open another one.

Please let me know if you think there's something more I could do (the time
I have approaches zero - startup guy - but I try to do what I can :))

On a different note, since we're discussing this, If I should say the main
reason why I'm always thinking about not using an ide anymore, it's the
huge cpu usage and general non-responsiveness. Most of the times it takes
*seconds* to do simple things like
starting a test or opening a contextual menu (right click). I don't think
this is a specific issue though, it's a general slowness of the ide. I
don't know how I could mention it in a issue though, it's too broad.