It would be great if you can create a reproducer in the SchedulerSpec:
https://github.com/akka/akka/blob/master/akka-actor-tests/src/test/scala/akka/actor/SchedulerSpec.scala

I think it has a way to drive the clock:
https://github.com/akka/akka/blob/master/akka-actor-tests/src/test/scala/akka/actor/SchedulerSpec.scala#L525

/Patrik