Ok, I am sorry, I can't be precise. NDAs and so on. Let me try to bullet
point it.

1) Up to 10 million objects are in system.
2) At any time some of those 10 million can be ready to change state due to
events in real life outside my control.
3) We check for eligible objects ever 10 minutes and we never know how many
are to be processed at any time.
4) When we check we examine which objects are eligible to change state and
of those, which have already been submitted (we track the submitted ones in
a distributed map)
5) When objects are to change state I submit them for processing. I am
currently adding them to a map to track they were submitted.
6) The process repeats.

Constraints:

1) I can't slow the time between checks.
2) it would overload the system if I were to submit millions of objects
twice.
3) I can't guarantee a node doesn't die during processing.

Desire:

To do this entire process without using a replicated map to note which
objects have been submitted.

I will look at the article on event sourcing but from my glance it seems to
be what i am sort of doing now. However having to maintain this map seems
like a very un-akka solution to the problem and I can't help thinking there
is a pattern here that is escaping me.

-- Robert