Hi All,

I'm facing following problem with my Akka cluster environment which has two
nodes, and Akka persistence using leveldb-journal.

Both nodes are started with "ClusterSingletonManager" and
"ClusterSingletonProxy". My "UntypedPersistentActor" is started as
"ClusterClientReceptionist". In my first node, I'm starting the
"SharedLeveldbStore" and setting that by
"SharedLeveldbJournal.setStore(...)" call. But in second node, I'm only
setting "SharedLeveldbJournal.setStore(..)" of the first node when starts
up.

When both nodes are running, everything works fine.

But when the first node died, I was expecting the second node takes up the
charge and replay the persisted events. But it is throwing following
exception in the logs and became zombie (process is running but not doing
its job). I noticed that the "postStop" event handler of my
"UntypedPersistentActor" is called after this error.

ERROR | 2016-07-19 11:37:24 |
[ClusterSystem-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-18] ? -
[sourceThread=ClusterSystem-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-18,
sourceActorSystem=ClusterSystem,
akkaSource=akka.tcp://ClusterSystem@hostname2:2552/user/master/singleton,
akkaTimestamp=18:37:24.195UTC] - Persistence failure when replaying events
for persistenceId [master]. Last known sequence number [0]
akka.pattern.CircuitBreaker$$anon$1: Circuit Breaker Timed out.

My environment : Play (2.4.0), Akka (2.4.4), Akka Persistence (2.3.9),
Leveldb (0.7), Leveldb-Jni (1.8)

My application.conf have following cluster configuration.

  extensions = ["akka.cluster.client.ClusterClientReceptionist"]
  cluster {
      seed-nodes = [
        "akka.tcp://ClusterSystem@hostname1:2551",
        "akka.tcp://ClusterSystem@hostname2:2552"]
  }
  persistence {
    journal.plugin = "akka.persistence.journal.leveldb-shared"
    journal.leveldb-shared.store {
      # This is non-prod
      native = off
      dir = "/shared-vol1/leveldb-journal"
    }
    snapshot-store.plugin = "akka.persistence.snapshot-store.local"
    snapshot-store.local.dir = "target/snapshots"
  }

I appreciate any solution/suggestion/pointer to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.
Manoj