Hi. You were quite close. Instead of buffer.drophead use conflate which is
a rate detached operation. That allows upstream before conflate progress
faster than downstream after the conflate.

Source
  .unfold(0) { e => Some((e + 1, e)) }
  .conflate[Int] { case (_, e) => e }
  .throttle(1, 1.second, 1, ThrottleMode.Shaping)
  .runForeach(println)