>> The problem with the PersistencePluginProxy.start(system) is that AFAIU
>> it checks the actual actor system config before it decides how exactly to
>> start the plugin, and if in the config it say "start-target-journal=false"
>> (as in my case) it won't start the underlying journal.
>>

> No, it doesn't. See here: https://github.com/akka/akka/blob/master/akka-
> persistence/src/main/scala/akka/persistence/journal/
> PersistencePluginProxy.scala#L26
>
> Note that it only works for the default plugin (null). I think there are
> other places in the PersistencePluginProxy where it only works for the
> default plugin.

I understand the code you mentioned above as "PersistencePluginProxy only
works *as* default plugin".
Otherwise why does it need the target plugin ids config for the journal and
snapshot?

And this is
https://github.com/akka/akka/blob/master/akka-persistence/src/main/scala/akka/persistence/journal/PersistencePluginProxy.scala#L80

where it decides whether to start the target plugin or not.

Thanks!

WBR,
Alexey.