OK; so back on this after a bit of a break!

I just want to successfully get a WebSocket connection from Javascript
direct to a Akka-Streams Web Server.

I get this error message in the Chrome Dev Tools Console; then Googled
around for it, but haven't got anything useful yet:

/*
ERROR:
 WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:9000/greeter' failed: Connection
closed before receiving a handshake response
 basicWebSockets.js:30 WebSocket Error: [object Event]
 */

* I'm running my basicWebSockets.js code on a Grunt Web Server on Chrome
v52.x.; which supposedly should already support WebSockets.
* I'm running my streamsWebSocket.scala code through IntelliJ; and using
code directly from the Akka documentation for this.

My code for that is here on GitHub:
*
https://github.com/DagnyTagg2013/ScalaReactive/blob/master/newbie/src/main/javascript/basicWebSockets.js
*
https://github.com/DagnyTagg2013/ScalaReactive/blob/master/newbie/src/main/scala/streams/streamsWebSocket.scala

Could anyone please help me with resource links or any insight for how to
get past this error?

THANKS in advance!
Dagny T