I'm working on a small layer powered by akka-http routing DSL to sort of
enforce all the RESTful APIs have the same structure.
Implementation should just have to define the URL the work on, then the
create/read/update/delete/etc.

My idea was to pass the PathMatcher into the constructor, and capture its
type with an implicit for re-use later. I was able to get this
to work if I was willing to define all routes using tuples, but when I
tried to re-use the magic of ApplyConverter, I couldn't get the nice
syntax of regular methods instead of tuples.

Code with errors in comments is here:

https://gist.github.com/chadselph/baa3204fed9977b96bd977dd85f6747e

What do I need to do to convince the compiler these types are identical?

(I've minimized the code quite a bit, so that's why it looks useless.)

thanks for any tips!