Dear hakkers,

We are proud to announce the fourteenth maintenance release of Akka 2.4
which contains a number of improvements and bugfixes.

Some notable changes are:

   - When reading snapshots fails for a persistent actor it will now cause
   recovery failure #21842 <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/21842>
   - Performance improvements for the LocalSnapshotStore #20821
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/20821>
   - Attributes on flatMapConcat/flatMapMerge now propagated to the inner
   streams #21743 <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/21743>
   - Methods around actor selection returning Java CompletionStages #21726
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/21726>
   - gzip/deflate Flows have been moved to Akka-Streams from Akka HTTP, so
   that they can be used in any streaming application #21395
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/21395>

Akka HTTP

Akka HTTP is not part of this release as it has moved to it’s own
repository and will be released as soon as possible, as Akka 10.0.0.

Keep your eyes our for an announcement about it *very soon*.
Skip Akka 2.4.13, due to uncovered regression

Please note that the 2.4.13 release contained a bug in the ByteStringParser
that
we noticed immediately after releasing, and decided to not announce that
version - please upgrade immediately to 2.4.14 instead (or higher, as new
versions become available). We will invest in strengthening
downstream-dependency testing throughout the coming sprints, to avoid such
issue from happening again.
Credits

A total 39 issues were closed since 2.4.12. The complete list of closed
issues can be found on the 2.4.14 milestone on github
<https://github.com/akka/akka/milestone/99?closed=1>.

For this release we had the help of 20 committers – thank you all very much!

Credits:
commits  added  removed
     12    432      231 Patrik Nordwall
      9    726      141 Johannes Rudolph
      6    189       64 Johan Andrén
      5     20      862 Konrad Malawski
      5    464      107 drewhk
      5     71       45 Björn Antonsson
      3    650       24 Olli Helenius
      2     64       88 Hawstein
      2     80       33 Richard Imaoka
      2     67       18 Andy Chung
      2     39       14 Nafer Sanabria
      2     24       26 Martynas Mickevičius
      1     43        1 Vsevolod (Seva) Belousov
      1     33        2 Alexander Gavrilov
      1     25        6 Wojciech Grajewski
      1      8       14 Cédric Chantepie
      1      7        7 kenji yoshida