Hi Luis,

Sharding allows for a custom ShardAllocationStrategy, which has two
purposes: allocating new shards and taking decisions about rebalancing.
Maybe this could cover what you want to do. (See API here:
http://doc.akka.io/api/akka/2.4/#akka.cluster.sharding.ShardCoordinator$$ShardAllocationStrategy
)

--
Johan Andrén