Hi Konrad,

  Thanks for the pointers.My data is in tree like structure.Potentially the
there can have millions of tree node objects. Akka distributed data does
not fit, I cannot afford to have tree data distributed across all the
cluster nodes. Assuming one cluster node can handle 1 million tree node
objects. when my tree reaches to 2 million tree node objects, I can just
start another instance of cluster node and each cluster node can handle 1
million tree node objects and can provide backup of 1 million tree node
objects for the other cluster node (assuming n+1 redundancy). I can send a
task with hazelcast executor service to the "keyOwner" and the hazelcast
framework takes care of which cluster node should handle the task. Cluster
re balancing for new cluster node or existing cluster node failure are all
handled by hazelcast framework. Looks like akka cluster sharding is the
solution. My understanding by reading the document is that I have to
implement cluster re-balancing all by myself with akka for a new cluster
node joining a cluster or an existing cluster node that is no long
available. And how to save backup data on different cluster node (for n+1
redundancy).

  If you can enlighten me what is correct akka way to handle this, it will
be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks
  Qing