When things are normal it must be possible to establish connections in both
directions and send messages in both directions.

Network partitions, and also asymmetrical network partitions may occur and
Akka should survive that, but it can indeed cause confusion around the
unreachable observations. If these network partitions heals before your
120s everything should be fine again.

Regards,
Patrik

Patrik Nordwall