I have an actor that I would like to not fail. However there is a
possibility that a user might call the actor with some problem that results
in an exception not being thrown. The proscribed way to handle this is to
fial the actor and have the supervisor restart the actor, however that is
not a good idea. When this actor starts it loads a ton of data, sometimes
in the hundreds of megs and holds that data to serve content to the users
and handle updating the data for users to see. You can think of this actor
as a large cache. Breaking up the actor is not an option because the data
has to be cohesive. What I would rather not happen is have the actor be
restarted at any time unless there is something drastically gone wrong. So
what do you recommend to do this? I could enclose the recieve in a
try-catch (indeed that is what i do now) and deal with the exceptions in
that matter. Is there some other strategy I am missing?

Thanks in advance.